Device to computer
To begin, we must transfer the file from the original device, onto your local PC. Depending on the method of data storage, this can be done in one of several ways.
1) Turn the camcorder off, and pull the SD card out of the camcorder
make sure to follow manufacturers' instructions on SD card removal.
2) If your PC has an inbuilt SD card reader, use that, if not then there is one included with the MS Standard Camera Package that you may plug in through a USB port.
3) Once fully connected, your computer will recognize the SD card as an external drive, access the file by going into the new drive, and you will find the video in the DCIM folder within.
Mobile Device Camera
1) Make sure that your device is on, and that it's charging/data port is clean.
2) Connect it to the computer through the relevant data cable (generally USB).
3) If the device asks you to "Allow" the computer to read it's data, click "yes".
4)The computer will recognize your device as an external drive like it would with an SD card. The file should be located in your camera folder unless it was streamed/recorded through the MemoryShare App, in which case it is under the MemoryShare folder.
Once you have located the file
1 ) Create a new folder in an easily accessible place such as the Desktop or your USERS/Documents folder called "MemoryShare".
2) Transfer the file from your device to the new folder by dragging it into the new folder, and releasing the file into the new folder, or by cutting -> pasting it into the MemoryShare folder.
3) Once the folder is saved onto your computer, make sure that it is named without any special characters($ - _ / \ @# ETC), and that the filetype is .mp4
ON WINDOWS: If the file is not a .mp4, contact the help desk for a Dropbox Request Link so that we may convert the file for you.
On MAC: If the file is not a .mp4, rename it to be so and the device will automatically convert the file (though oftentimes improperly).
4) Navigate to the Midwest Streams Portal
5) Once on the Portal, navigate to the service in question
The easiest way to find a recent service is to organize them by date.
The method to do this is to double click the "Service Date" button on the top of the services listing so that the arrow points downwards.
Or you can search through the search box in the upper right corner.
6) Once you have located the service, click on the red arrow on the right side of the service listing, this will bring you to the "Edit Service" page.
7) On the "Edit Service" page, click the green "Add Video" button located towards the center of the screen.
8) This will bring up another window, press the "Choose Video File" button which will bring up a file explorer dialog that will allow you to navigate to where you put your video file earlier.
9) Find the file, and select it.
10) The dialog will give you the option to "Upload Next Video", if you have more than one file, add it now by repeating steps 8 & 9.
11) Once you are done, select the blue "Done Adding Videos" button located at the bottom right of the add video window.
12) Now you can select the start and end times of the video. Navigate to the part of the video that you would like to mark as the Start/Stop and press the "Set Start" and "Set End" buttons respectively.
13) Once you are done setting the Start/End time, click "Upload" and the file will upload